IOT Developer/ Specialist
Technical and Operations
Houston/ Dallas, Texas
We are looking for a Software Engineer to develop innovative new features in a IoT platform for our client. You will be part of a revolution that is transforming our clients and the way consumer products, environmental controls and other connected devices operate and sell. If you would like to be part of a team that builds awesome new products and be the first to test them, read on.
- Collaborate with the client team to develop next generation IoT platforms.
- Participate in design, development, and implementation of new features in our cloud platform
- Work with product management and engineering to define requirements and development plans
- Create services with Scalability, high availability, and reliability in mind
- Take ownership of multiple systems from development to deployment.
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability -Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Expert-level knowledge of Java and related frameworks & tools
- Extensive experience with Spring framework and working knowledge of java web services including SOAP, REST, WS-* protocols, Apache Axis
- Methodical with your development and have pride in ownership of what you create and timely delivery / quality of your code.
- Solid understanding of object oriented design patterns and micro-service architecture patterns.
- Ability to code for performance, fault tolerance and scalability in a cloud environment Good understanding of OS fundamentals, Linux internals and JVM settings
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum 2 projects done in IOT are required.
- Solid understanding of NoSQL databases and experience with Cassandra/DSE
- Hands-on experience with message frameworks such as Camel, Kafka, RabbitMQ.
- Strong background in Devops/CI/CD and have familiarity with tools such as Docker, Vagrant, Ansible, and Jenkins
- Experience with Cloud APIs such as AWS, Azure, or Openstack
- 5+ years of work experience
- Enterprise, Start-up & Agile development experience
- Love Slack and using Bots to automate mundane tasks
Life at Xtreme
- We work hard, have fun, and we believe that we can make a worldwide difference.
- Xtreme is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.