Engineer Technical Support III
Network Operations Center
Houston/ Dallas, TX
- Deep understanding and experience on Linux such as Redhat or Ubuntu
- Knowledge of virtualization, cloud computing and technologies such as VMware, Hyper-v/Azure and OpenStack
- Knowledge of public cloud providers such Amazon EC2, Google Cloud, Azure
- Technical support level2 resource for an enterprise in a similar or related field (cloud management, systems management, IaaS, PaaS).
- Should be experienced in one or more scripting technologies (Bash, Perl, Shell, Power Shell, Python, etc.)
- Knowledge in cloud infrastructure concepts.
- Excellent writing and interpersonal communication/relationship skills.
- Ability to work effectively and manage multiple customer support issues simultaneously.
- Self-motivated with strong self-development ability.
- Ability to thrive under pressure, self-manage and prioritize activities.
- Previous experience working with cloud providers and/or private clouds
- Experience in databases such as SQL(MySQL/Postgres) and NoSQL (mongodb, Couchbase etc).
- Experience in using or integrating with Systems Management Technology.
- Experience with configuration management tools is a big plus (Puppet, Ansible, Chef).
- Knowledge of container technology i.e Docker.
- Hands-on experience with PaaS tools or other cloud management software.
- Knowledge on L4L7 services such as load-balancers and firewalls interactions, informing clients as changes occur. 3 years of experience are required.
- Ability to acquire and maintain trusted employee status and has the ability to move up to CONFIDENTIAL security clearance.
Life at Xtreme
- We work hard, have fun, and we believe that we can make a worldwide difference.
- Xtreme is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.